We invite you to attend and present your work at the International Congress of Genetics at Foz do Iguaçu. Please follow the Abstract Guidelines at the bottom of the page for sending your abstract.
Abstracts will be accepted until May 30th, 2018.
Guidelines for Abstracts
All presenting authors must be registered for the conference prior to submitting an abstract.
- Genomics / Bioinformatics
- Plant Genetics
- Animal Genetics
- Microorganism Genetics
- Human Genetics
- Genetics Education
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically. We will not accept submissions via e-mail.
- Each registered attendee can be the “Presenting Author” of only one poster abstract, although attendees may be “Non-Presenting Authors” of an unlimited number of abstracts.
- Each abstract has to be associated to one of the 8 thematic parallel sessions.
- Around 2,000 abstracts are expected and space is limited. Consider submitting early!
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words within the "abstract text" section of the submission form.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Abstract Coordinators within 5 to 6 weeks after the submission deadline.
Guidelines for Poster presentation
Poster size specifications
The space available for poster presentations is 0.92 m wide x 1.22 m high (3ft wide x 4ft high or 36 in wide x 48 in high).
Posters will be displayed directly next to each other.
Two poster sessions are scheduled:
September 11th: Odd-numbered posters
September 12th: Even-numbered posters
Presenters are asked to find their designated dashboard using the poster ID number and fix the poster at the right time.
Title of Work
Name of author1, co-author(s)2
Key-words: Minimum of three words
Abstracts must be written in a concise and objective way. The word count (from introduction up to conclusion) are limited to 250 words (that can be estimated with the Microsoft Word tool). All the abstracts have to contain, in sequence: introduction and objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions. It must be made in Microsoft Word for Windows, with Arial font size 11, simple spacing between the lines and justified paragraphs in A4 paper size. There can be no images, graphs or other elements, just text, remaining only the contents of the abstract, key-words, authors and title.
Funding Agency: in case you have any source of financial support, please fill out this space.